Can I Transfer Mortgaged Property In a Will?
What if you have a home or piece of property that you want to convey to someone in a will, but it is subject to a mortgage?  Under Washington law, you may transfer real or personal property that is encumbered by a mortgage, however the person who inherits it will take the property subject to the mortgage.  Another option is to provide in your will that the mortgage be paid, so that the person inheriting the property will take it free and clear of the mortgage.